Inspiring a Lifelong Love of Learning
Being 4-years-old is a magical time. So much to learn and so many ways to learn it! At this age, children are eager to explore, create and absorb ideas. Our free Universal Pre-Kindergarten Programs provide a nurturing environment in which children develop their language, cognitive, physical and social skills — learning about the world, being creative, and letting their imaginations soar.
Our programs are child-directed, building on the curiosity of the children themselves. Creative exploration and access to a rich array of learning opportunities give our children pre-literacy skills and promote self-esteem, just what they need to succeed in school and in life. Children thrive in classes with high adult-to-child ratios. Our teachers use an evidence-based curriculum, the Creative Curriculum, that is child-centered, encouraging children to explore their world.
Children in our free Universal Pre-Kindergarten programs have the option to participate in our extended day program, which is open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (7:30 a.m. in Yonkers), in support of working parents’ schedules. The sliding scale fee for the extended day is based on family income and is open to all families, including those with ACS vouchers.
- New York State Certified Teachers
- Teacher assistants in every classroom
- Use of the evidence-based Creative Curriculum
- Spacious, well-equipped, modern facilities
- Indoor and outdoor play areas
- Field trips
- Nutritious breakfast, lunch and snacks
Family and Parent Support
- Opportunities for parents and families to come together with teachers and each other to learn, share, and participate in their children’s education.
- Services available to children and families in English and Spanish.
- Bilingual classrooms in some locations.